The following are guidelines to (hopefully!) help make this blog a useful reflective, learning, and dialogical process for each of you:
- Create a blog post at least monthly of at least 200 words by the end of each month, September 2019 through May 2020.
- Menu of possible blog prompts (feel free to mix-and-match or come up with your own question!):
- What are you learning?
- How does what you are learning connect with what you are learning in your classes? Does it contrast with it in any way?
- What has surprised you about your work and internship? What have you learned from that?
- What have you realized that you don’t know enough about yet? What plans have you made to learn more about that area/topic?
- Who have you met recently who has impacted you and why?
- What experiences have you had that may inform the decisions you make about your library career, in terms of your area of focus, what kind of library you want to work in, etc.?
- How have you seen the relevance of equity, diversity, and inclusion issues during your internship work recently?
- What have you not (yet) been able to experience or learn that you would like to and why?
- Read both other interns’ blog posts.
- Respond to both other interns’ posts with about 50 words or so by the end of the first week of the new month. Offer some content; in other words, don’t just say that you agree or disagree but say why you agree or disagree, offer some insight, what you resonated with, connect their comments with something you are learning, or ask a follow-up question, etc.
Please let your mentor know if ever you have questions about this process, and happy blogging!