After a much needed break from school and work, I am happy to be back at my beloved Skokie. Despite this being my last semester of library school and of this internship, I am excited to continue challenging myself within my career and taking on new projects. This semester is still an extension of what I did last semester.
Teaching Tech Classes
- February, I will be teaching a two part class on Google drive to parents at McCracken Elementary School in Skokie.
- April-May, I will be teaching a four part Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on the Introduction of Design of Everyday Things in the BOOMBox.
- Continuing One on One Tech classes as assigned.
Leading Book Discussions and Reader’s Advisory
- February, leading a book discussion of Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- April, leading a book discussion of Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler
- Continuing Bookmatch rotation, Booklists, and Reader’s Advisory work
- Weeding Mystery collection based on condition, duplication, and circulation statistics.
- Continuing regular desk hours at Reference, Reader’s Services, and AV.
- Finally, my project I think I am the most excited about. Creating a Reader’s Advisory platform for TV Shows and Movies!